Things to do this week:
One clinical day, one medical-education day, 5 one hour presentations, 3 meetings for graduate school, master’s thesis revisions for submission due, PhD proposal hard deadlines due. Apart from this regular work week, I have guests coming to stay with us from India. I am beyond excited and can barely concentrate on what needs to be done.
So today’s mantra: Clear your mind of can’t. I’ll let you all know if I survive this week!
How does your week look like?
Filed under A first, Attitude, Blogging, Blogroll, Camaraderie, Career, Challenges, Communication, Decisions, Determination, Disappointments, Environment, Expectations, Experiences, Faith, focus, Life, Opinion, Personal, Plans, Priorities, Relationships, Thoughts, Update
It is a big day.
There is cake, balloons, love, laughter.
He steals a glance at the beautiful woman in the room.
Her eyes meets his.
She gives him a big smile.
Is that sadness he sees?
What am I missing, he wonders?
What is your story, he does not have the courage to ask.
Just checking in! How were your first two weeks of this year?
2 more years and we will be in 2020’s. So fascinating! Has that hit anyone yet?
As a “blogger” I fail miserably. Of all the hats I wear on a daily basis, blogger hat suffers the most. I don’t have the words I once had in my arsenal to write. I don’t have the time, I once freely enjoyed. I don’t have the will to make the effort either.
I would hope I can change that this year.
Filed under Blogging, Bonding, Camaraderie, Challenges, Communication, Conversations, Culture, Decisions, Determination, focus, Hope, Life, Living my life, Motivation, Resolutions, Short, Wishes
I turn 40 this year! It is a big year for me. I want this year to count for me! That is all I am going to say about that.
What are your resolutions for 2018?!
..to 2017. I am not going anywhere, however dismal and limited my blogging has become, just in case you thought I was going to go.
Along with a good bye, comes reflection of the past year. I have been taking small steps to reduce my internal struggles and external battles in turn. One thing that has often come to my attention is that the more I am grateful for what I have the more I will have in turn. I don’t know how that works but here are a few things that I am grateful for from 2017.
- Travel: I got to go on vacation with my mother, I got to meet a dear friend in UK, and spend a lot of quality time with my husband.
- Health-mates: I finally opened up to people and joined Facebook walking challenges, Fitbit challenges. Finding solidarity from my health-mates has helped me stay on track.
- More husband time: My husband decided to quit his day job and follow his heart’s desire. I have seen him more, hugged him more, and talked to him. I have loved every minute I have got with him this past year.
- Becoming an advocate for myself. I have often struggled with “seeing both sides” I still do, however I have learned that there is something to be said about having an opinion. We are all entitled to one and it is our right to defend it. I have encouraged myself to be more vocal. That in turn has made me think of what really matters to me and it has been good to know myself better
- Podcasts: Have discovered the world of podcasts this past year and it has changed my life. So much out there.. it has been eye opening.
- Opening myself to the idea of adoption.. making the decision that adding a member to my family is more important to me than feeling defeated that “I” could not make a baby.
- Letting go: That was my only resolution last year.. and I have to say I have done a very good job of it. I let go of negative energy, people, things and everything that sucked the energy out of me. Instead I focused on myself, my work and the people I feel closest to, those that bring positivity in my life.
What are you thankful for?
Filed under Attitude, Blogging, Celebration, focus, Goal, Inspiration, Life, Living my life, Opinion, People, Personal, Philosophy, Plans, Priorities, Resolutions, Society, Thoughts, Wishes
Of course I thought of it. I am sure you did too. We just didn’t say anything then. Some of us didn’t say it because of the fear of the consequences of the alternative, so we prayed instead. Some didn’t say it, because acknowledging it would be so uncool. Fact remains one of the largest democracies wasn’t ready for a woman president.
World over women are fighting for equality. Many a times, I cannot tell the actual fight from all the noise. At the outset unless men start to shed their uterus monthly and can bear children like women do, there are inherent differences between men and women. Some of the fight for equality I understand. I too want a voice, a vote, a choice. It is the women that make the waters murky that I don’t.
There is a wave of anti-women’s day by women. I have read blog posts, news articles and messages, Facebook updates that claim they don’t need the women’s day. All women need is equality. I get it. I don’t believe in marches either. I believe, if our actions don’t bring about a real change then the actions were futile. Perhaps how women perceive these women’s days. However for change to take place, someone needs to raise their voice, once the voice is raised, an action can be taken and when years of actions have been taken, a day is chosen to celebrate that change.
And on this day, I want to take the opportunity to talk to women that confuse empowerment with lack of basic human dignity. There is power in kindness, compassion and generosity. There is something to be said about being dignified and well mannered. Women who think breaking away from tradition or culture and societal norms is empowering, I would hope you don’t think, becoming like the men we fight against is asking for equality.
So much has happened since I last wrote on this blog, and I do hope to write about it, but for now it is time to make some resolutions.
Last year I had a long list going. I even attempted to do status updates. I have been enjoying coming up with resolutions. I think the sense of achievement at the end of it, keeps me going.
This year I am keeping it simple! I am going to have just one aim this year.
What are your resolves for 2017?!