Daymn! Time passes off fast. This has to be the most repeated statement ever. This is my monthly check-in with my resolutions- so if you are looking for an earth shattering, soul stimulating, cryptic, funny or philosophical post, this is the time you stop reading and find another blog post to ruminate over. This right here is just a check-in from this post:
Things I’ve got: Done and dusted for the month of January!
- Drink more water, 10K steps daily at a minimum
- Write at least one paper every 3 months- working on it. Will finish 3 papers this week
- Network on a daily basis
- Get a better job- Got a new job!
- Log in a daily thought- Yes!
- Learn to bake bread, try new recipes, try new cuisines- three breads this month
- Meal prep weekly, weigh my food, log food, water and exercise diligently- Yes!
- Read articles, books that don’t include school work, research articles, and news.- 1984, Gone girl, NYT!
- Blog/Instagram/ Write reviews regularly. Make a schedule and stick with it.
- Limit online/social activity: Do it daily but restrict the number of hours on it- An hour daily.
- Continue and increase recycling- remember almost everything can be recycled- More about this in posts to come.
- Continue and do better with minimalistic living- Loving it! It is hard though.
- Let go of people, places, ideas and thoughts that don’t want to stay- Not that hard.
- Remember that money saved is money earned- Oh yeah!
Things I need to work on/ or are a work in progress:
- Complete Master’s thesis- I haven’t even started yet.
- Complete all pending research papers -on the way.
- Weight training, swimming, yoga to be incorporated in weekly routines- Haven’t started with swimming yet.
- Sort out pending paper work from last year- Haven’t really started.
- Read the newspaper daily, not monthly- Not happening yet. February-c’mmon step it up baby.
- Wake up early(6am-ish), exercise, shower, light an aggarbatti at the home. Not waking up early, but rest is good.
- Invest in property- started the process to find out how much we can afford.
- Travel to a destination outside of the US- May not happen with the new job, baby making plans etc. But a girl can dream right.
- Learn Spanish-this is the year
- Go skating this year-maybe
- Learn to dance -maybe