1. I recently came across some bloggers that write a post every Friday about 5 things that happened during their week. They all have some sort of theme to their blog, with very high readership. It is motivating to see passion and means of living collide harmoniously. The one thing that struck me most was the consistency with which these bloggers write. So while I don’t think I will be following their rules for posting on a Friday, I have decided to dedicate Fridays to round up my week on this blog.
2. I am trying several personal experiments. Challenges if you will. Writing consistently on this blog is definitely one of those things. The other is health. I have taken a few steps towards it. I have started this journey several times. Problem is sticking to it. Since my last post its been 7 days and so far I have stuck to all my plans. I know it has only been a week, but they say it takes about 3 weeks to make a habit. So I am going to check in every Friday to let you know how that is working out.
3. I now have three scientific papers under my belt. If I work smart/hard in a timely manner I should have at least 6 more paper before we hit mid year. I would like that very much. It is about time I step up my game. Very excited about the possibilities.
4. Next weekend is a long weekend that I would have loved to go on a short trip. Unfortunately the husband is busy with work. Also this year we have some financial commitments that will preclude much traveling. Damn, already see one of my resolutions getting killed.
5. This week I did something I thought I had stopped doing. I told someone in the nicest possible way that their negativity and needy behaviour was begining to take a toll on me. I could no longer be their so called “friend”. I strongly believe that friendship is a two way street. Of course the traffic can vary. But in the end it should equalize. Or at least hold that promise. I don’t feel very good about it, but I also feel that there is no point in being in a malignant relationship.
My week so far. How has your’s been?